GAP participates with most health insurance carriers; however you should understand your specific plan with regards to:
- Whether the physician and facility are in-network
- Whether the physician is at your preferred tier level
- Your annual deductible
- Your office visit co-payment
- Whether a referral or pre-approval is required, and arranging this through your primary care physician
- GAP will submit primary and secondary insurance claims on your behalf for each service you receive if the required information to process the claims, including referral forms (when necessary) is available and verified before your appointment. If this information is obtained after your visit, you are responsible for the balance.
- Your insurance coverage is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. You are responsible for payment of services regardless of their reimbursement amount. Your colonoscopy/endoscopy procedure at our GAP endoscopy centers are subject to your out-patient/surgery center deductible and co-insurance amount at the time of your procedure.
- If your insurance has a co-pay amount per office visit, you are responsible for the “Specialists co-pay” at the time of your visit.*
*Any co-payment, co-insurance or deductible amounts will be collected at the time of your appointment. This is part of your contract with your insurance company. Failure on our part to collect co-payments and deductibles from patients can be considered fraud. We accept payment by cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. You will receive a statement for any remaining balance which is due upon receipt. Please contact our office for special payment arrangements.
GAP accepts the following insurance plans:
- NC Medicaid
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- NC State Health Plans
- Blue Medicare
- Private Healthcare Systems
- United Healthcare
- WSHC Blue HMO
If you are covered under a managed care (PPO) insurance policy with BCBS of North Carolina, your colonoscopy/endoscopy procedure may fall under the “Office-based procedures” category under the guidelines of our contract with BCBSNC. Your financial responsibility is the Specialists Co-Payment as listed on your card on the day of your procedure. Please contact our office to verify this information for you.
Please call our office at (336) 448-2427 if you do not see your plan listed above.